viernes, 16 de mayo de 2014

Rationale - Bloody Sunday -

I wrote a protest letter about the victims of Bloody Sunday in Northern Ireland. It was written with an serious tone and hopes to address the Prime Minister. In my letter,  I tried to present my point of  view  with phrase like “I am writting to express my concern” and “Please do everything in your power”. I tried as well to use a sophisticated level of vocabulary with word choices like “ cherry-pick and riot” finally I tried to use complex structures like one might see in a higher level publication such as The New York Times with sentences like “They were doing a peaceful riot to protest about their human rights” and “give the families of the injured a rest for their pain”. Using these elements I feel I reached my purpose set out in the task. This task addresses the topic “Taking a Stand”  and specially addresses the topic of the abuse of power. I think  a letter of protest helped me to  best express what I learned from the topics we studied in this unit and how I feel about them

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario