domingo, 5 de julio de 2015

The Kite Runner: Baba's Diary Entry

Monday, 1975

I thought that this day would never exist.
In this winter day, finally came the moment I wait for. Amir won the kite tournament, he finally did something brave, for men, something that I used to do.

All this years, I looked at Amir and the boy I were, and there isn't any similarities. Instead of playing football, he prefer to read books and write his own stories. He don't enjoy what a men do. He is all what I do no want for him.
One time I told Rahim Khan that "If I hadn't seen the doctor pull him out of my wife with my own eyes, I'd never believe he's my son".

Sometimes, when I look at Ali and his son Hassan, I think about the luck he had. Hassan is exactly the same as Ali is. Both of them are loyal and helpful. They always help us in the house.

Rahim Khan always told me to accept Amir. One time he said to me, that Amir may be different, but that wasn't something bad. He told me, Amir has great talents, that he knows how to write like a professional.
I thought he was wrong...

But this time, when I saw in the roof of the house, what Amir did to win the tournament with blood in his hands, I realized and understood what Rahim Khan said to me.

Amis is different, but that is nice.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario